Hotels with special discounts for BMM2024 guests
Maharashtra Mandal Bay Area (“MMBA”) is hosting the BMM2024 biennial convention (“Convention”) under the auspices of Bruhan Maharashtra Mandal of North America (“BMM”) in San Jose, California, from 26 June 2024 thru 30 June 2024 (inclusive). MMBA has formed a representative committee (“BMM2024 Executive Committee”) to arrange, organize, and manage the hosting of the Convention, and the BMM2024 Executive Committee has in turn formed several other committees to help with such hosting of the Convention (collectively “Committees”). Accordingly, BMM, MMBA, BMM2024 Executive Committee, and Committees, and their respective officers, employees, volunteers, members, agents, and representatives, shall, jointly and severally, be referred to herein as “Convention Organizers”.
|Hotel||Distance to SJCC||Rooms Mix (1 or 2 Beds)||Approx Daily Rate (incl taxes)||Parking||Availability||Additional details|
|San Jose Marriott||Attached to SJCC||Good Mix; 1 King or 2 Doubles||$230-$242||Valet, $37/day||Donors ONLY||
|Hilton San Jose||Attached to SJCC||More Singles; 1 King or 2 Queens||$230-$242||Self, $37/day||Donors ONLY|
|Hyatt Place Downtown||Across from SJCC||Good Mix; 1 King or 2 Doubles||$208-$220||Self, $35/day||Donors ONLY||
|Westin San Jose||Across from SJCC||Good Mix; 1 King or 2 Queens||$264-$276||Valet, $49/day||All attendees||Luxury boutique hotel|
|Signia by Hilton||Walk 5 min (1 block)||More Singles; 1 King or 2 Doubles||$230-$242||Valet $47/day||Donors and other attendees||EV charging|
|AC Marriott||Walk 12 mins (3 blocks)||Mostly Singles, 1 King or few 2 Queens||$196-$208||Self, $35/ day||Donors and other attendees||
|Hotel DeAnza by Hilton||Walk 15 mins (3-4 blocks)||Mostly Singles, 1 King or few 2 Doubles||$196-$208||Valet, $40/day||All attendees||Limited city street parking near the Hotel|
|Holiday Inn Silicon Valley||Drive 3 miles or 15 min by Light Rail||Good Mix; 1 King or 2 Doubles||$203-$209||Free||Donors and other attendees||
|Wyndham Garden San Jose||Drive 3.5 miles or 15 min by Light Rail||Good Mix; 1 King or 2 Doubles||$150-$162||Free||All attendees||
Additional Hotels under consideration
|Hotel||Distance to SJCC||Rooms Mix (1 or 2 Beds)||Expected Daily rate (incl taxes)||Parking||Availability||Additional details|
|DoubleTree by Hilton||Drive 4.5 miles or 15 min by Light Rail||More Doubles; 1 King or 2 Queens||$209-$214||Self – $15/ day|
|Convention Center Inn and Suites||Walk – 2 blocks||More Singles, few Doubles||$140||Free|
(A budget hotel)
For Hotel rooms booked through Convention Organizers (or using BMM2024’s special reservation code) for the Convention, the following will apply:
- Convention attendees will get extra concessions from the hotels, such as free wi-fi, 2 water bottles/day, and in some hotels, discounted hotel parking.
- Convention attendees are required to book rooms for at least 3 nights from Thursday, 27 June 2024 thru Sunday, 30 June 2024 (both dates inclusive) to avail of the negotiated discounted group rate.
- Single or Double occupancy is assumed in the negotiated discounted rate. Hotels may charge extra $10-$20/day per person if more than 2 adults occupy the same room. Convention attendees shall be responsible for paying all extra hotel charges during check out.
- Hotels may apply an Early Departure Fee equivalent to one night’s stay for guests checking out before their reserved check-out date.
- Policies regarding use of personal loyalty points for room upgrades or other incidentals vary per hotel. Convention attendees should deal with the hotel directly.
- There are paid public parking lots near the SJCC and the selected hotels in addition to parking available at each Hotel premises. Generally, public parking in San Jose (including metered street parking) costs $15-$20 per day, but parking charges may be higher during major events at the SJCC. Please find a map of parking spots near SJCC in Appendix #1.
- All Hotels are ADA compliant with the majority offering walk-in shower options, wheelchair accessible check-in and in room work desks.
- The BMM2024 Convention Committee is currently exploring the possibility of offering complimentary shuttle services between some of the Hotels and the SJCC during the main days of the Convention (27 June 2024 – 30 June 2024). These shuttles (with wheelchair/handicap access) may operate during morning hours, before the start of day’s programs, and late evening hours, following the conclusion of the last program for the day at the Convention Center. Additionally, some of the Hotels are conveniently located near VTA Light Rail stations and give guests the option of using the Light Rail for transportation to/from the SJCC. Specific details will be provided at a later time.
- The Convention Organizers have made special arrangements only for discounted room rates with Hotels located relatively near the SJCC for the benefit of guests attending the Convention. However, all other costs relating to the hotel stay not provided gratis by the concerned Hotel, shall have to be borne by Convention attendees alone, and Convention Organizers shall not be liable or responsible in any manner for such costs. Convention attendees hereby indemnify Convention Organizers against any claims, loss, expense (including legal counsel costs) arising from the Convention attendees’ hotel stay.
- Convention attendees are urged to carry all applicable medication and to ensure that they have proper medical/health insurance coverage during their stay for the Convention. Convention Organizers shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for any medical costs or other related expenses arising from or proximately related to a medical/health condition of any Convention attendees. Every Convention attendee hereby indemnifies Convention Organizers against any claims, loss, expense (including legal counsel costs) arising from any medical/health condition (including any emergency) concerning such Convention attendee.
- Every Convention attendee shall be required to follow all rules and other protocols of the hotel s/he is staying in. Failure to abide by such rules and other protocols may result in such action by the hotel as it may deem fit and other law enforcement agencies. Depending on the type and severity of any breach by Convention attendee(s) to follow such rules or protocols, may result in the expulsion from the Convention as determined by Convention Organizers in their sole and absolute discretion which determination shall be final.
- Convention attendees shall be bound by the terms and conditions of registration form and other related documents which terms and conditions shall override any conflicting terms in this document.